Monday, September 04, 2006

Maid servants in Bangalore.

Hiring , retaining and letting go ( if necessary ) of maid servants is an interesting exercise in itself. When I moved to Bangalore from the New jersey, I felt I did not need a maid, as I was used to cooking for myself in the states.

After a while, i realised I needed a maid to clean my house and could have her clean the dishes as well. I hired a old lady that promised to come on time and do my dishes. Couple of months after several demands for salary advances loans and broken dishes, I fired her.

After I moved to another in the same neighborhood ( RT Nagar ) , I hired another maid, this one younger and little more trustworthy. She agreed to clean my house twice a week for 300 Rs. Then I hired another lady, another young lady, for 1200 per month for cooking. These two were easy to deal with and fairly regular and I employed them for a year and half, when I had to move to Banashankari , neighborhood 20 kms southwest of the city.

After moving to the new house, hired a maid that was working for my house owner, she came for 15 days and took a months salary and never turned up again.

1 comment:

Anurag said...

Nice experiences! What do you do Krishna? I also stay at R T Nagar.